The Santa Clara County Bar Association hosted a panel event to address the implications of Senate Bill 235, which takes effect on January 1, 2024.
Senate Bill 235 mandates that litigants exchange documents and information early in the discovery process unless a court orders otherwise. Judge Edward Davila provided perspective of federal court, while Judge Sunil Kulkarni addressed the state court issues.
Guest speakers included:
- The Honorable Edward Davila, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- The Honorable Sunil Kulkarni, Santa Clara County Superior Court
- Amy Carlson, Smith, Koyama & Costello
- Mark Shem, Borton Petrini, LLP
- Angela Storey, Habbas, Nasseri & Associates
The event was hosted by McManis Faulkner at its world headquarters in San Jose.